Old November 29th 03, 02:00 PM
Paul Duncan

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

Bob M. wrote:
I've heard of similar delays happening because of faulty electrolytic
capacitors in the mike. In this case, there was considerable remote control
circuitry in the mike, and the bad caps were causing voltages to hang around
when they shouldn't.

Try unplugging the mike and see if it will power up. If so, that may point
you to the problem area. If that doesn't help, perhaps there's a battery in
the radio that needs to be replaced, or maybe a very large "super" capacitor
needs to charge up before the microprocessor will resume normal operations.

Well, it eventually did power up, but there was also other damage.
Turned out it probably taken a knock during transport to me. Amongst
other things, three out of the four clips holding the front panel on had
died. Its gone back for repairs to be paid for by the senders carrier.
Hopefully it will be fully functional when it returns. What I should
have done was try it with the mike from my TM-V7E - I'm fairly sure
they're the same.

Ah well, thanks again!

Paul
~~~~