Old September 19th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] N2EY@AOL.COM is offline

Default "Guts" and Subsidies

From: on Sun, Sep 17 2006 6:18 am
wrote:

Yes, subsidies. The projects could not pay for themselves, so they were
subsidized. Without taxpayer money, the projects - and your jobs -
would not have existed.

When Jimmy is pressed
for a valid reply to a challenge, he MANUFACTURES new
definitions for elementary socio-economic structures as above.

?? I didn't manufacture any definitions.

The government-funded projects you worked on could not pay for
themselves, so they were paid for with taxpayer money. IOW, a
government subsidy.

Without "taxpayer money" the USA would cease to exist as a nation.

That's self-evident, Len. Why do you bother to mention it?

Economics requires ALL areas
of society/government to have to-from exchange of monies.

"All areas"? Probably not. However, that's irrelevant.

The fact is that government-funded projects are actually
taxpayer-funded. If someone works on such a project, they are being
subsidized - paid - by the taxpayers.

Unlike free-market businesses, government projects do not have to meet
the same economic criteria as private industry. For example, NASA
cannot operate like a private industry, because the capital costs are
too high and the short-term Return On Investment is too low. So the
taxpayers fund NASA.

Jimmy NEVER say any detail
of HIS subsidies, thinks he can get away with pointing fingers
at others, saying "shame, shame." :-)

Where have I said subsidies are a bad thing, Len?

You're projecting your own feelings again. *You* don't like subsidies,
even though you've been on the receiving end of them, so you react to
the word negatively.

... If your employer was paid by the govt. for work you did, then
your paycheck came from the taxpayers.

INCORRECT AGAIN!

No, it's correct. "Your paycheck" means "the money you were paid". If
your employer was paid by the govt. for work you did, then your
paycheck - the money - came from the taxpayers.

Are you ashamed of that?

My salary checks came from private businesses/corporations.

So what? The money came from the taxpayers.

Prove that. Show your work. :-)

It's self-evident, Len. By definition, government-funded projects are
paid for by the taxpayers.

That work of mine begins
in 1948 according to the Social Security Administration and IRS,
continues up to the end of 2005. [see also Illinois tax laws
and California Franchise Tax Board after 1955...and
ESPECIALLY the Department of Defense 1952 to 1956 inclusive]

That's nice, Len.

WHY do you think that ONLY "taxpayers" "subsidized" my
income, Jimmy? Haven't you been paying attention? Some of
my income was NOT involved in DoD or NASA contracts, but
rather on "the open market" (Jimmy call it "free market").

So what? Nobody said that *all* your work was taxpayer-funded (i.e.,
subsidized). Just the part that was government work.

In your anger and haste, you've misunderstood what I wrote.

Can you state HOW MUCH was open-market and HOW MUCH was
(in your disturbed terms) "subsidized by taxpayers?"

Don't you know, Len?

The projects could not pay for themselves in the free market, so they
were subsidized. Without taxpayer money, the projects - and your jobs,
and your paychecks - would not have existed.

So...Communications Technology Inc., BYTE Books, Micro-
computing magazine, Scandinavian Airlines System, several
radio and TV broadcast stations, post-production audio
services in the entertainment industry, three companies
making electronic test equipment sold on the "open market"
plus two art studios, a photographic studio, and three
private individuals whom I've been hired to do contract
writing were ALL SUBSIDIZED BY THE [US] TAXPAYER ?!?

Were they doing government projects?

btw, you sure seem to have gone through a lot of employers.

Go for it, Jimmy, show us the intimate connection between
the US Treasury, IRS, at least two states' income taxes
and ALL THOSE COMPANIES, CORPORATIONS, AND INDIVIDUALS
PAYING ME from their "taxpayer subsidized" monies.

Why?

Don't you know?

It's simple finances, Len.

Jimmy loves to play the
smug, arrogant "know-it-all" yet makes wild leaps into
areas where he doesn't know a damn thing.

??

But, you still don't have the GUTS to tell "the rest of us"
in this newsgroup what, where of your employment, do you?

It's not about "guts", Len.

"Gut" and "guts" are acceptible medical terms, believe it
or not.

"acceptible"?

Check with your MD (or veterinarian, whichever
applies to you).

Check with your dictionary ;-)

No, you want to negatively criticize those of us who are
proud and enthusiastic about what we do, have done.

It seems you cannot tolerate any criticism or dissent, Len. Even though
you criticize the work of others, no one must say boo about your work.

Jimmy looks into a mirror,
sees himself, thinks OTHERS are causing that image.

No, such images are caused by optical reflection. Basic optics, Len.

Jimmy NEVER talks about what he does in any DETAIL for a
living.

Len, why should anyone who disagrees with you tell you anything about
themselves, their work, their families, etc.? Telling you such things
always has a negative ROI.

I've seen how you have criticized the work of health care
professionals, professional radio and communications people (including
both military and government-service radio operators), mechanical
engineers, electrical engineers, etc. - if they dare to disagree with
you about the Morse Code test for an amateur radio license. Given that
behavior, why should I tell you anything about myself?

He has presented some black-and-white digitized
photographs of his 1974 ham radio project

You mean the receiver? That was just one of my 1974 projects. It was a
really good receiver, built for almost no money. I've built a lot more
since then.

and implied it was used today,

Where? You have made another mistake, Len.

ignoring his earlier messaging about
assembling an Elecraft KIT...

Len, you're really on a roll with the mistakes this time....

all the while implying he
"DESIGNED and built his own radios." :-)

Where did I say that, Len? You're just adding to the mistake pile.

Amateur morsemen are constantly negatively criticizing my
"work."

Can't you 'take the heat' of newsgroup give-and-take, Len? It seems you
want to give but never take - criticize but never be criticized -
behave one way but demand that others behave differently. (Then when
they *do* behave differently from you, you criticize that)

Some are JEALOUS about a chance Army assignment
in a big time HF communications station.

Well, that leaves me out. I'm not jealous of you, Len.

Some are ENVIOUS of what I've done.

Well, that leaves me out. I'm not envious of you, Len.

Some are ANGRY because they feel
FRUSTRATED in not being able to advance their own work
and try to relieve that frustration by their asshole
syndrome postings.

Well, that leaves me out. I'm not angry or frustrated about not being
able to advance my own work, Len. I'm not even angry at you. I almost
feel sorry for you, sometimes, because you waste so much energy on
spouting your anger here.

And your postings speak for themselves. What they say isn't very nice.

Sure I have the guts to do so. I also have the common sense not to.
It's not about courage, either.

BULL****.

Well, you're the authority on that subject, Len ;-)

You are AFRAID to reveal anything about your work.

Nope. I'm not afraid at all. The ROI of telling you personal
information is all negative. Why should anyone do that?

How can I make up what you actually wrote?

It's a simple request for you to back up your claims.

Jimmy states "claims
are not backed up" even when his own claims aren't
"backed up" by anything other than old ARRL maxims.

In the cases I cited, you have claimed that I wrote certain things here
on rrap. But you can not or will not show where I wrote what you claim
I did. So why should anyone believe what you claim I said, when it
would be a simple matter for you to post links to the alleged quotes?

You get really mad when someone brings up things you wrote in the past,
and then verifies them with links and actual quotes. Like your classic
"sphincters" posting - that was a real doozy.

IOW, you cannot provide anything to back up your claims.

Jimmy couldn't "back
up" his "claims" that the US taxpayer "subsidized" all
my paychecks. [for good reason since I have all my
tax receipts and he doesn't]

I didn't say *all* your paychecks were taxpayer subsidized, Len. You've
made yet another mistake.

Besides, OLD POSTS are in the past...they've already been
argued over. You are NOT going to "win" any such OLD
argument by repetition of the SAME posts from archives!
But...you keep on trying and trying and trying. You got
very trying a long time ago.

IOW, you know I'm right and are trying to weasel out of backing up what
you claim I said.

You're proving that you are "all talk no action" by doing so.

OLD newsgroup arguments
ran their course and stopped.

Yet you keep making the same mistakes....

Here, Jimmy, read my finger...

Gee, that's really mature, Len - not!

Now be a little more grown-up and go work on your people skills, Len -
and your Morse Code skills....