Old September 19th 06, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default CW EXAM TEST

SR wrote in :

I am planing to take the Tech test, then following that the CW test.

How long is the CW off-the-air transmission?

Is it transmitted only once?

I know it is 5 wpm, but how can I set my MFJ MENU DRIVEN MEMORY KEYER
(model MFJ-492), to that speed? -I use the Bencher paddles.

At what tone HZ is the CW off-the-air transmission set to? This way I
could get use to that tone while I practice at home.

Can I please get an example on how would the off-the-air transmission be
like?

How many question? And an example on what kind of question would I
expect to see on the exam?

Thank you,

73, SR!

The questions are radio related like things you exchange in a contact.
There are ten questions. If you don't want to answer any questions, just
have at least one minute of perfect copy. Good luck. CW is fun.

SC