Old September 19th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Liviu, radio YO5QCD Liviu, radio YO5QCD is offline

Default FT-60 (and similar) - How to connect to computer for digi-assisted mode (i.e. SSTV, RTTY, ecc)

Hello everyone!

On the HF transceiver, for the digi-assissted modes (SSTV, RTTY, PSK,
ecc) I use a classic TxRx - to - PC coupler that is a pair of
separation transformers on line IN and OUT from the PC to the
corresponding SPK and MIC on the transceiver. The PTT is taken from the
COM port via an optoisolator.
My problem is to use this coupler - or another one properly designed-
with my Yaesu FT60 UHF/VHF handheld. As the Mic line expects an
electret mike and the PTT is "leaky", the "normal" coupler does not
work.
Can anyone provide me a schematic? - I hate to buy small, homebrewable
adapters at incredibly high prices, so please no commercial links.

Livius, YO5QCD