Old December 1st 03, 05:29 PM
Bob Miller

Default Question -- Yaesu FT-897 power supply

I'm considering buying a Yaesu ft-897 for fixed station, home use.

The QST review says there is a space inside the 897 enclosure for a
Yeasu AC switching power supply. My question is whether the 897 will
accept DC from an external power supply -- I already have a 30 amp
Icom power supply -- or must I use the Yaesu internal supply?

The rig looks like a pretty good buy at the current $700 or so, after
rebate. But if I have to spend another $200 on the internal supply,
that's not so good.

Thanks,

Bob
k5qwg