Old September 20th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default "Guts" and Subsidies

From: on Mon, Sep 18 2006 4:31 pm

From: on Sun, Sep 17 2006 6:18 am
wrote:

The government-funded projects you worked on could not pay for
themselves, so they were paid for with taxpayer money. IOW, a
government subsidy.

Tsk...I'll have to contact the Department of Agriculture
to get "my subsidy money" that is "owed" me. :-)

The fact is that government-funded projects are actually
taxpayer-funded. If someone works on such a project, they are being
subsidized - paid - by the taxpayers.

Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa cries Jimmy, wanting that dead horse
to come alive so he can beat it to death again...! :-)

Unlike free-market businesses, government projects do not have to meet
the same economic criteria as private industry. For example, NASA
cannot operate like a private industry, because the capital costs are
too high and the short-term Return On Investment is too low. So the
taxpayers fund NASA.

Ever been to Kern County Airport #7, Jimmy? That's the
location of a private company called "Scaled Composities."
They've already been to outer space and back...twice.

NASA paid Scaled Composites? Well, did they? No, you
say?

Kern County Airport #7 is actually quite a big airport,
an old USMC aircraft training location during WW2 and now
home to many corporations, including several civilian
flight test companies and at least one large used-aircraft
reseller. The latter looks like a civilian version of
Davis-Monthan AFB.

You're projecting your own feelings again. *You* don't like subsidies,
even though you've been on the receiving end of them, so you react to
the word negatively.

I haven't grown any crops lately, either. :-)

No, it's correct. "Your paycheck" means "the money you were paid". If
your employer was paid by the govt. for work you did, then your
paycheck - the money - came from the taxpayers.

Heh heh heh...some of it came from ME! By your weird-ass
logic I was self-employed!!!

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you ashamed of that?

Not at all. Except for laws of the US on espionage and
classified information, whatever private business
restrictions signed-for, I can talk about all sorts of
work I've done. Heck and darn, lil Jimmy, some of that
has been written up in public periodicals! :-)

You are ashamed to state what you work on except for the
most vague way...such as being in the "transport industry."

It's self-evident, Len.

We know you are "self-evident," Jimmy. yawn

Bus drivers are in the "transport industry." Larry
Roll, the soma-cum-loud "graduate" in "Human
Resources" (personnel department work) was a bus
driver!

Are you a bus driver, Jimmy?

By definition, government-funded projects are
paid for by the taxpayers.

"By definition?!?" Whose "definition?"

My Webster's New World Compact School and Office Dictionary,
1989, says simply "...a grant of money, as from the government
to a private organization."

Doesn't mention "taxpayers" at all. I have yet to get a
grant from the government. [I'd like to, sort of like "free
money" in my viewpoint] I have yet to get a grant from
any organization.

I can see that someone who does so much nothing that they
can't describe what they do would be sorely ****ed that
others get/got comfortable salaries for working on government
contracts. Yes, we feel your pain, Jimmy.

So what? Nobody said that *all* your work was taxpayer-funded (i.e.,
subsidized). Just the part that was government work.

"Nobody" else dwells on this "subsidy" bull****, Jimmy.

Only you.

What happened, did the Dept. of Agriculture turn down your
offer to NOT plant certain crops so you could get a real
subsidy?

btw, you sure seem to have gone through a lot of employers.

You betcha. Lots and lots of employers were here in
southern California aerospace, Jimmy.

Too bad you weren't part of it. You sat there on the
sidelines in "EPA" (Eastern Pennsylvania) (bad acronym
since you aren't involved with Environmental Protection
Agency).

I've lived in southern California for 50 years, Jimmy.

There, a NEW thing you can make all sorts of implications
about...have a ball!

Check with your dictionary ;-)

I already did. Your weird-ass "definition" of subsidy
doesn't fit Webster's.

I've seen how you have criticized the work of health care
professionals, professional radio and communications people (including
both military and government-service radio operators), mechanical
engineers, electrical engineers, etc. - if they dare to disagree with
you about the Morse Code test for an amateur radio license.

Interestingly, all those you mention were PRO-code-test
advocates! Did their work MANDATE keeping the code test
in US amateur radio? I don't think so.

Oh, and that "health care professional" you mentioned has
yet to identify his place of work, has yet to provide any
sort of identification of his "military career," nor the
true circumstances why he left (suddenly) the Tennessee
State Guard. Yet that individual have written obscene
personal insults to just about everyone in this newsgroup
(all remain in Google archives). He doesn't seem to know
what a "Sharps" is, doesn't understand what 'helicobacter
pylori' is, doesn't seem to know **** from shinola.

Try for a better 'hero' to worship, Jimmy.

I will, have, and expect to continue criticizing ANYONE for
their self-righteous stance on keeping the morse code test.

It is a political issue. Criticism of opponents on political
matters is very much the American Way.

But, we have to wonder if you are really an American, Jimmy.
You want YOUR way all the time (very imperial, royal,
dictatorial). You've never served your country in the
military or in the government and seem to think having the
personal HOBBY of amateur radio is a "service to the nation."

He has presented some black-and-white digitized
photographs of his 1974 ham radio project

You mean the receiver? That was just one of my 1974 projects. It was a
really good receiver, built for almost no money. I've built a lot more
since then.

According to a note on Kees Talen's (K5BCQ?) HBR page, you
"lent it to your brother" then disassembled it in 1976.
Yes, compared to all the other examples there, your
"really good receiver" (built over three decades ago)
certainly looked cheap. Not "inexpensive," cheap.

and implied it was used today,

Where? You have made another mistake, Len.

No mistake. You implied that in here, about the time you
gave a URL link to those photos. Ho hum.

ignoring his earlier messaging about
assembling an Elecraft KIT...

Len, you're really on a roll with the mistakes this time....

You've NEVER assembled an Elecraft? You buy it ready-
made? Have another ham assemble it for you?

Can't you 'take the heat' of newsgroup give-and-take, Len? It seems you
want to give but never take - criticize but never be criticized -
behave one way but demand that others behave differently.

Tsk, tsk, Jimmy. I am "criticized" (call it others trying
to burn me at the stake and worse) all the time. It's the
nature of the pro-code beasts. :-)

Mother Superior, put away that ruler. You can't spank
anyone with it. Get a better habit, Mother, you are
angry all the time now. Tsk.

Well, that leaves me out. I'm not angry or frustrated about not being
able to advance my own work, Len.

You do nothing. There's no such thing as "more of nothing."
Ergo, "advancement" into doing more nothing is still nothing.

I'm not even angry at you.

HHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost
feel sorry for you, sometimes, because you waste so much energy on
spouting your anger here.

Awwww... Hey, if you really have such sympathy, feel free
to send me a monetary grant! I've never gotten one. Free
money would be nice!

And your postings speak for themselves.

They don't "speak," Jimmy. No audio connected with them.

Do you need an Audiobook to help you? Get that grant money
together, those Audiobooks aren't free.

What they say isn't very nice.

Ain't that somethin' though! I don't follow the Church of
St. Hiram's teachings (read brainwashing) and I am against
the code test for an amateur radio license. Neither do I
accept the smug, arrogant, illogical, invalid, dictatorial
denigrations of others which the amateur extra morsemen
babble in here. Now what you do, Jimmy?

Nope. I'm not afraid at all. The ROI of telling you personal
information is all negative. Why should anyone do that?

If they have the courage, they can. You don't.

You get really mad when someone brings up things you wrote in the past,
and then verifies them with links and actual quotes.

I get "mad?" Hell, no. I get IRRITATED is all. You
have some kind of perverse "need" to constantly re-argue
and re-argue and re-argue and re-argue and re-argue old,
old, old threads. Ist du verruct so much that you think
you can "win" some old argument you definitely LOST?

I didn't say *all* your paychecks were taxpayer subsidized, Len.

Neither did you say *part* of mine were... :-)

Wow, Jimmy, you are reaching so far in rationalization of
your "correctness" you've fallen off the edge of reason!

Jimmy, try TRY to be a good sport about these postings.
Sometimes YOU lose them. Be gracious and accept the
losing. Try not to rationalize (beyond reasoning) that
you "won" them when you didn't. Let them be.

...and go get laid. I don't care if its with a boyfriend
of girlfriend...I'm not homophobic.