Old September 20th 06, 01:46 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Amp Design Concept -- Preliminary

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 18:56:34 -0400, wrote in
:

Modular design has its benefits but it also has at least two
disadvantages.

1. Initial cost

Good point. And the final product costs will also be somewhat higher
than single-board designs. But that extra expense may be offset when
considering the product's usable lifetime. IOW, single-board designs
are so cheap they are frequently considered to be 'disposable', while
the sevicable lifetime of modular designs are limited only by the
availability of parts. I'll have to see if there's enough info
available to do an objective cost-benefit analysis.

2. Problematic connections/connectors between high current modules.

Connectors are a necessity, but they are only problematic if you make
them problematic. And since I haven't specified what connectors will
be used and where, don't you think you are jumping the gun a bit?