Old September 20th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
klumze klumze is offline

Default Help with Grant President CB

I just inherited a Uniden? President Grant CB with SSB from my father who
just died.
I have tried a "Google" search for a owner's manual and have come up empty.

My main problem is that the radio powers up OK but the meter, meter light's,
and channel read-out all do not work.
When it is installed in my truck all I hear is static, same in SSB Hi and
Low, almost normal for where I live, North Central Wisconsin, near Eagle
River.

So anyway does anyone know of a GOOD, HONEST repair shop in maybe Wausau,
Green Bay or even Milwaukee.
Or for that matter anywhere in the US?
Any one know where I could find a manual? I did check the Uniden web site
but found nothing there either.

Or does anyone know what could be wrong with the meter, lights and etc?
My step mother said it worked a month ago just before my dad died, but she
knows nothing about it.
There are 2 small switches on the side both soldered to same "MB 8719"?
chip.
I know one is for extra SSB channels but I have no clue as to what the other
one does.
One switch was broken it was a SPST/Center off, I did not install the
correct switch
when I fixed it I put in a normal on/off switch.
Could this have anything to do with the meter/lights not working?

Thanks for the help
Klumze