Old September 20th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] steve_k4yz@yahoo.com is offline

Default "Guts", Feldwebels, License Numbers, Subsidies and Other Things

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:35:00 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Davie is just a frustrated feldwebel standing
on some little feldhernhugel snarling orderss, orderss!

Ah yes - the classic "feldwebel post", a clear example of Len's idea of
how to debate an issue:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en

What was particularly cute about that is that Lennie blew his top
and got all his attributes wrong...Not that he'd ever let anything like
facts and accuracy get in the way of one of his rants.

Besides telling K8MN to "shut the hell up", Len accuses the ARRL of
being geographically biased. Len states that most of the radio amateurs
In the USA live west of the Mississippi River.

However, later in the same thread, Dennis Ferguson points out that most
of the licensed amateurs in the USA live *east* of the Mississippi.

Len, of course, never admits he made that mistake.

Checking the most current numbers of individuals holding current
FCC-issued amateur radio licenses, we find that no more than 315,704
live west of the Mississippi and no less than 340,585 live east of the
Mississippi. Total is 656,289 as of September 18, 2006. That's 48.1%
west and 51.9% east. So Len was wrong then and is still wrong now.

In tallying those numbers, I counted all amateurs in Minnesota and
Louisiana, or with unspecified location as living west of the
Mississippi, but the majority are still to the east of the Mississippi.

Jim, I sure do hate it when you politely and professionally point
out the facts.

Ya KNOW that's got to hurt out there in Sin City!

73

Steve, K4YZ