Old September 21st 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Gerritsen Sentenced

Paul W. Schleck wrote:
In "Herb" writes:

The sociopaths have run rrap, starting when Roger
showed up. If you take anything serious here, you need
to change your way of thinking. Roger changes things.
Wherever he shows up on the net, the parade of societal
misfits is not far behind him. If you want a near perfect
model of how to deal with the fruits & nuts here, you have
no furter to look than Dave Heil. Anyone who is a regular
reader here knows the depraved filth that Roger has hurled
at Dave Heil & his xyl. Watch how Dave responds, that is
when he choses to respond to Roger. Better yet, if you can't
stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and turn off rrap.
No one should let the crap here get to you, especially
vanilla comments like "who cares." You must have an
awful thin skin Paul.

Since when is politely stating an obvious, face-value, and factual
rebuttal considered having an "awful thin skin?" I had an opinion on
the subject, intended mostly as an amplification of N2EY's comments, and
chose to express it. Addressing my comments to a wider audience, not
just the trolls, seemed appropriate.

I take the subjects of amateur radio and amateur radio policy seriously.
The fact that others do not should not be viewed as a poor reflection on
me. Furthermore, no one should have to remain silent just to meet some
arbitrary standard of newsgroup righteousness.

I know Dave Heil. I respect Dave Heil. I don't need to be a clone of
Dave Heil to express an opinion in this forum. Nor does he need to be a
clone of me.

(I would hope that Dave Heil would agree with me on this.)

--
Paul W. Schleck, K3FU

....and I do agree with you. The more rational people we have posting in
this newsgroup, the better it is and the more irrelevant those mentally
unstable types become.

Dave K8MN