Old September 22nd 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tom Coates Tom Coates is offline

Default Looking for additional texts on basic receiver design

How about a website filled with practical wisdom?
http://www.shelbrook.com/~ve7ca/

Tom N3IJ

"jawod" wrote in message
Hi,

I am reading the ARRL Handbook on Receiver Design and frankly, I find
it's a bit out of my league. The writing assumes some knowledge of
circuitry that I am weak on. Eg., I think I can I can see from the
schematic that an RC circuit is shifting phase in a quadrature amplifier
stage but it's not mentioned in the text as such.

Hopefully, someone out there can get a sense of where I am on the
learning curve and can suggest an appropriate text (not TOO basic, I

guess).

Thanks!

John
AB8O