Old September 21st 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default "Guts" and Subsidies

From: on Thurs, Sep 21 2006 3:47 am

From: on Mon, Sep 18 2006 4:31 pm
From: on Sun, Sep 17 2006 6:18 am
wrote:

You are ashamed to state what you work on except for the
most vague way...such as being in the "transport industry."
Bus drivers are in the "transport industry." Larry
Roll, the soma-cum-loud "graduate" in "Human
Resources" (personnel department work) was a bus
driver!

Are you a bus driver, Jimmy?

Is there something wrong with being a bus driver, Len?

You didn't answer the question.

Two bus drivers have been in here; one left and one died.

Couldn't stay with any of them for too long, huh?

Is there something wrong with job-hopping, Jimmy?

Since you haven't been in the aerospace business, you
don't understand that layoffs happen.

That's the point - if someone is a procodetest person, anything they do
is insulted by you.

Incorrect.

Then why did you criticize their work? Why is it even an issue?

I can't criticize your work. You never say what it is.

There's a lot of things you don't know eithr, Len.

You've inhaled too much "eithr," Jimmy. :-)

Besides, what does his behavior have to do with yours?

What does your behavior have to do with Nursie?

Your behavior is similar to his and you condone his postings.

You seem to be saying that since one person allegedly did what you
describe, it somehow justifies *your* behavior.

Unlike yourself, I don't "justify" my behavior by rationalizing
it three ways from Sunday to fit the olde-tyme morsemen's
devotion to the Church of St. Hiram..

You ASSUME the role of "critic" yet are with many faults.

That's faulty logic on your part.

No. You dislike my comments and opinions, label them
FALSELY as "faulty" when you are NOT the supreme critic.

IOW, rather than discuss the issue itself in a civil manner, you'll
attack their work, gender, ethnicity, education, and anything else you
can find out about them. Even if they don't do the same to you.

That's faulty logic on your part.

What about your self-righteous stance on eliminating the Morse Code
test?

Nothing "self-righteous" about it. Elimination of the code
test is a LOGICAL thing for the FCC to do.

1. The FCC is under NO mandate by international radio
regulations to keep the amateur radio license code
test. It is the FCC's option to keep or eliminate.

2. The FCC has not required all US radio amateurs to
operate manual radiotelegraphy for years over and
above any other allocated mode. Yet, there are NO
manual skill tests for operating any other allocated
modes. All allocated modes are optional to use.

3. NO other US radio service uses manual radiotelegraphy
for regular communications, therefore there is NO
"pool of trained (telegraphy) operators" necessary
for any national need.

Those are all supremely LOGICAL statements, all true.
Nothing "self-righteous" about them.

On the other hand, the truly self-righteous are the olde-
tyme radio amateurs who slavishly follow the dictates of
the ARRL (a minority group NOT "representing" all amateurs)
and their own emotions ("I had to take a code test so
everyone else must"...forever).

Yet you go all Godwin when someone criticizes you, Len.

I go with God, not some "godwin."

But, we have to wonder if you are really an American, Jimmy.
You want YOUR way all the time (very imperial, royal,
dictatorial). You've never served your country in the
military or in the government and seem to think having the
personal HOBBY of amateur radio is a "service to the nation."

I see. Having a different opinion is un-American...to you.

You've never served the United States of America as any
military service member, are NOT in the government, yet
you defend your HOBBY of amateur radio as "being a service
to the nation?"

Your logic there is so faulty that John Cleese couldn't
even satirize it.

Apparently you think that advocacy of eliminating the code
test is "un-American?!?"

According to a note on Kees Talen's (K5BCQ?) HBR page, you
"lent it to your brother" then disassembled it in 1976.

Nope.

Read the "note" again. It was not disassembled in 1976.

Tsk on me, bad sentence structure. :-)

Your "note's" last sentence indicates you "lent it to your
brother" in 1976. He "used it for 'several years' but
"sometime in the 1980s it was stored in an attic." After
that it was disassembled.

So, you did not have it for your use after 1976. 1976 is
thirty years ago.

Your brother is Thomas Miccolis, WA3UZI, lives in the state
of Maryland.

Yes, compared to all the other examples there, your
"really good receiver" (built over three decades ago)
certainly looked cheap. Not "inexpensive," cheap.

In what way, Len? Are you more concerned with looks than performance?

You have posted NO "performance" figures for that 32-year-old
version of an HBR. That it "works good" is highly subjective
and not quantifiable.

You've NEVER assembled an Elecraft? You buy it ready-
made? Have another ham assemble it for you?

I assembled my K2 in 2001. Still have it, still works.

Try reading what I actually wrote, Len.

Try WRITING things which are more definite. Try making
replies as actual, firm stances on things instead of just
"answering" with other questions.

You do nothing.

That's simply not the case. I just won't tell you about my work.

You are "proud" of doing nothing.

I don't submit to your "brainwashing" and I don't accept your smug,
arrogant, illogical, invalid, dictatorial denigrations. Nor do I reply
in kind to you.

You just did what you said you don't do! :-)

I also don't use the actions of others as an excuse for my own towards
a third party. I don't assign "group guilt" to all nocodetest
advocates.

What "guilt" do you think no-code-test advocates have?

It's not about "courage".

Did you have the courage to serve your country?

Len, be a good sport about these posts.

I try to be. :-)

But...Mother Superior shows up with her spanking ruler and says:

You usually lose the arguments
because your logic and facts are faulty.

Tsk, Mother Superior deserves to be ruler-spanked herself for
making THAT statement! :-)

Be gracious and accept your losses.

What "losses," Jimmy? :-)

Try not to rationalize that you won them.

I "rationalize?!?" :-)

I point out your own rationalization, excuses, and general
behavior consistent with morsemanship brainwashing by the
League. It is obvious, but you act as if you have NO
faults! :-)

"A self-proclaimed professional writer should know it, too."

"Professional" means getting paid for work.

There is NO pay or monetary compensation for writing
in here...or showing where you are false and
misleading (more of a recreational activity for me).
Replies to your postings just "write themselves."

NO writer can "self-proclaim" a by-line printed
by a publication in thousands of copies of an
edition.

Mother Superior should change her habit. Quit trying to
be the cross-dresser, Jimmy.

Go get laid. It will take your mind off cross-dressing.
As I said, I'm not homophobic and don't care whether it
is with a boyfriend or girlfriend.