Old September 22nd 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default "Guts"

From: on Thurs, Sep 21 2006 3:47 am
From: on Mon, Sep 18 2006 4:31 pm
From: on Sun, Sep 17 2006 6:18 am
wrote:

You are ashamed to state what you work on except for the
most vague way...such as being in the "transport industry."
Bus drivers are in the "transport industry." Larry
Roll, the soma-cum-loud "graduate" in "Human
Resources" (personnel department work) was a bus
driver!

Are you a bus driver, Jimmy?

Is there something wrong with being a bus driver, Len?

You didn't answer the question.

You don't answer all of my questions, Len. Why should I answer all of
yours?

Two bus drivers have been in here; one left and one died.

Both are missed.

IIRC, one of Larry Roll's duties was transporting senior citizens and
disabled people who couldn't drive. His work made it possible for them
to have much more mobility and independence.

That's nice. And before that, his (subsidized) work enabled the
freedoms that you take for granted.

Larry Roll was a MSgt in the USAF. If I understand his period of
service, his "inactive" service commitment of 10 years just expired.
That's twenty years of putting your freedoms ahead of himself and his
family, followed by another 10 years of being on call to do it again.