Old September 22nd 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dr. Jeff Dr. Jeff is offline

Default Looking for additional texts on basic receiver design

One of the best books, if you can find a copy, is "Solid State Design
For The Radio Amateur" that was published by the ARRL in 1977, written
by Doug DeMaw and Wes Hayword. It covers theory and modeling, as well
as practical hands on building of RF receivers and transmitters. (Why
the ARRL doesn't re-publish this great book is beyond me...)
On a simpler level, any of the the "Notebook" series of books by Doug
DeMaw is a good place to learn about practical RF circuits and radio
design.

Jeff

jawod wrote:
Hi,

I am reading the ARRL Handbook on Receiver Design and frankly, I find
it's a bit out of my league. The writing assumes some knowledge of
circuitry that I am weak on. Eg., I think I can I can see from the
schematic that an RC circuit is shifting phase in a quadrature amplifier
stage but it's not mentioned in the text as such.

Hopefully, someone out there can get a sense of where I am on the
learning curve and can suggest an appropriate text (not TOO basic, I guess).

Thanks!

John
AB8O