Old September 22nd 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Amp Design Concept -- Preliminary

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:49:01 -0400, wrote in
:

snip
Your belief that a properly soldered connection is more likely to fail
than a connector tells us a lot about the success of your amp. This
amp symbolizes your life and is doomed from the start because of
your false beliefs. Your long stream of failures continue.

Actually the solder joint doesn't fail. The wire itself fails because
of frequent motion and repeated bending of the wire at the weakest
point -- where the wire is bare of insulation just above the solder
joint. Anybody who has ever owned a portable radio (or anything else)
with a 9V battery clip knows exactly what I'm talking about, and I'm
sure you do too.

The best connectors are the ones that clamp both the wire and the
insulation. Connectors such as IDC, SMA/B/C, BNC, Molex pin & socket,
and even common crimp-type ring/fork/spade/hook connectors are all
superior to just soldering the wire to the board.

But nice try.