Old September 23rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

Barry OGrady wrote in
:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 04:29:02 -0700, "dave" cmrbison wrote:

Does anyone still "do" ham? There are cell phones, 15 mile range 2
ways, satellite phones...............

Why would anyone want to take a test to communicate? with Star Trek
convention grade people??

For that matter why would anyone learn how to avoid top posting?

I passed my "ham" test in 1979 and now that the code requirement has
been completely removed for amateur radio I have full access to all
bands, but I never get on the air.

You aren't smart enough to turn a radio on? Bummer.

SC