Old September 23rd 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default WYLF in Penn Yan, NY

Steve wrote:

Well last night I decided to fool around on MW just for the heck of it.
I was tuning around and found a station on 850, weak but definitely
listenable. Eventually I heard an ID: it was WYLF out of Penn Yan, NY.
Penn Yan is on the other (i.e., the western) side of NY State, not far
from Lake Ontario. Not exactly DX, but I looked this station up in the
FCC database and its nighttime power is a humble 0.045 KW. During the
day they get to crank it up to 1 KW.

My two daytimers here on 850 are WCPT, Crystal Lake, IL running 2500 W, and
WGVS, Muskegon, MI running 1000 W.

dxAce
Michigan
USA