Old September 23rd 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
xpyttl xpyttl is offline

Default Anyone out there can help me with eprom programming?

Not too many folks fiddle with EPROMS anymore. Microcontrollers with
onboard EEPROM are cheaper and easier to program, plus you get some logic
that allows you to reduce the circuit complexity thrown in for the ride. Of
course, these things grow ... with the logic, an encoder is cheaper and more
pleasant to use than the thumbwheel, but now you would like to add a display
..... and on and on. But still, I wouldn't be surprised if the micro,
encoder and display wasn't still cheaper than the EEPROM and BCD switch.

"Atlanta-ham" wrote in message
oups.com...
Years ago in 73, and other mags, programming an eprom for the Icom 22S
was the rage.
I now have aquired a TransWorld transceiver that is programmed with
diodes. I wish to build a BCD thumbwheel input, with an Eprom for data
translation. It's no problem building a board, but it's a problem with
me programming the eprom. I don't need anything fancy, no memory, no
scanning, just using the thumbwheels to move frequency. I've never
programmed an eprom before.