Old September 24th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default trolling right along

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

There's a parallel in amateur radio recruiting. From the ARRL
down, the higher-ups love to look down on aspirants as
dummies in radio...as if their lofty elite positions made them
"expert." These self-proclaimed gods of radio then wonder
why there isn't more participation and - especially - why
there's so little love for their self-righteous precious, noble,
best-of-all-possible-modes (in their minds), radiotelegraphy.

I move

Best of Luck. Don't forget that the job's not finished until the paper
work is done.

that we amend our military regulations so that each recruit to
the enlisted ranks would enter military service at the E-9 grade. This
would result in more participation by our citizenry and would prevent
harm to anyone's self-esteem. We could also do away with military
technical schools and the necessity for passing any exam which the new
recruit might view as hazing. Calling any recruit a "dummy" would be
banned.

Dave K8MN

It looks like the World's Greatest DXer can't tell the diff between
military service and a cool hobby.