Old September 24th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default "Usual Liberal Disdain?"

Not much is known about Jim, except the usual liberal disdain for the
US military and military members.

"usual liberal disdain"?

Let's see....some well known "liberals"....

There's president Jimmy Carter, who graduated from the US Naval Academy
and served in the Navy on submarines. He also won the Nobel Peace
Prize, for being instrumental in the only long-term peace agreement in
the modern Middle East (the Camp David accords).

I recall no Middle East Peace in modern times.

Or president John F. Kennedy, who served in the Navy in WW2. He was
awarded the Navy and Marine Corps medal for his leadership on the last
patrol of PT 109.

Indeed he was.

George McGovern was in the USAAF (15th Air Force) in WW2, flying 35
missions in B-24 bombers over North Africa and Italy. He was awarded
the Distinguished Flying Cross.

A little before my time.

Vice president Al Gore enlisted in the Army and served in Vietnam
during that conflict, refusing a place in the Tennessee National Guard.

Odd. Do most people get to "refuse a place" in their state's National
Guard?

I don't recall having that "opportunity." Ditto my brother.

John Kerry served in the US Navy, volunteering for Vietnam duty. He was
awarded three Purple Heart medals, a Silver Star and a Bronze Star.
After his discharge from the military, he opposed the Vietnam War,
having actually been there.

Now there's a perfect example of disdain for his fellow military
members.

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt never served in any military,

Correct. He had polio and was unfit for military service.

though he was appointed Assistant Secretary of the Navy.

Our military is civilian led. Sometimes led well, sometimes not.

He led the USA
out of the Depression and through almost all of WW2.

He had a priori knowledge of Pearl Harbor and did nothing. That just
might be considered disdain for the military and military members.

His "New Deal" was
considered rather liberal in its time....

Extremely liberal. It was his handling of the Bonus Marchers, veterans
of WW 1, that needed their promised pensions that might also be
considered disdain for the military and military members.

"usual liberal disdain"?

Yup.