Old September 23rd 06, 10:33 PM posted to aus.radio.cb,rec.radio.cb,uk.rec.radio.cb
me_not_you me_not_you is offline

Default Is CB like a contest to see who can make their radio sound the most ****ty?

"The Magnum" wrote in message
. com...
"BuNtEr" wrote in message

[SNIP]

Show me a ham op that's happy and never gone over the power he is lic
for,
that's the same as driving a car show me a person that has never gone
over
the
speed limit even is its half a K above.

If someone claims they, or someone they know, is totally innocent of the
above, I will show you a liar.........

Well, now, I can say 100% that I have NEVER operated above the power I am
licensed to use. I know that for an absolute fact because I have no sets
capable of doing more than 400W PEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let's see..

HF set runs 100W max, so that's below my licensed 400W

6 metre set does 10W PEP, so that's well below my licensed 400W

2m set does 50W max, well below my licensed 120W peak allowable on FM.

70cm set does 35W max, again well below my licensed 120W for FM.

Nope, I can definately say, 100% without fibbing, that I have never ran over
my licensed power levels on the ham bands... Don't have the gear to do it,
and don't have the need to either. Usually don't even need the full 100W on
HF so why the hell would I bother with 400W +??????