Old September 25th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
[email protected] mcalhoun@ksu.edu is offline

Default What's in a "wall wart" so-called "transformer"?

PhattyMo writes:

wrote:
I have a collection of "wall wart" ....

....[snip]....
AC and DC output?
Are you sure you're not measuring the ripple? They usually have very
poor filtering,plus after time the cap(s) dry out,and make it even worse.
Or,it could be the diode(s),they've been known to fail aswell.

Well, its "rating" is "9VDC 200MA",
but my Simpson 260 VOM gives it's output as 15V DC AND 15V AC.

I've NOT looked at the output with a 'scope (yet).

--Myron.
--
--Myron A. Calhoun.
Five boxes preserve our freedoms: soap, ballot, witness, jury, and cartridge