Old October 16th 03, 10:02 PM
Serge Stroobandt, ON4BAA

Hello Paul,

If it is a true balun, it does not matter.
However out of proper experience, I would recommend using an additional 1:1
current balun between your (voltage?) balun and the coax.

Although a 6:1 balun offers more possibilities, I also had to design an
off-center fed dipole around a 4:1 balun I had at hand.
You can find design details he http://salsawaves.com/antennas/windom.html

73 de Serge ON4BAA - HB9DWU

"PDRUNEN" wrote in message
Hi Group,

In the process of fab'ing a off-center dipole. The short end is 40 feet

and
the long end is 80 feet. At the feed point I have a 4:1 balun. The balun

purchased new, I believe it has w2un on the side of it. I don't have it

here
at the computer.

The question is what side of the 4:1 should I feed the long end, or does

it
matter?

Paul
KJ4UO