Old September 25th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jan Panteltje Jan Panteltje is offline

Default Thought this was puzzling...

On a sunny day (25 Sep 2006 04:40:57 -0700) it happened "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
.com:

Bill Gates wrote:
Why does every post griffey does end with LOL????'

Because I can't help but laugh at some of the stupid comments I read
out here. Bottom line... that circuit with those two little doides
isn't doing any temperature tracking for the bases of those
transistors. Several things are wrong:

1.) The bias that feeds those bases needs to be very low impedance...
on the order of around 5 Ohms. There is no freaking way that those
little diodes could carry enough bleeder current to feed those bases.

That lookes like 1A diodes, and would be no problem.

All you phantasies, your lack of a decent Pi filter, you failing
to grasp heat rises upwards (you can hold your hand next to a candle but
not above it), so diodes _above_ transistors is _good_, but I will show
you how the profies do it, this is what runs he
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rci/r...0_main_sch.gif
It is a big gif, go to bottom left corner, there is the amp, the Pi filter,
and the temp stabilaziation a bit to the right of that.
Oh, and the on board SWR meter (all teh way at the left).
And here is the amp PCB layout:
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rci/r...rf-amp_pcb.htm
It is only 150W PEP, but it works great here.
And no harmonics with that filter.

Oops, do I see 2 diodes in parallel? Must be me eyes ;-)
Oops it is 1N4001.
So now copy-cat the Pi filter?
Oh what, you have the whole diagram.

I have to point out that the Ranger 2970 is a nice set, clocked many
hundreds of hours here, not one problem.
Good sound quality too.

OK over to Telstar for the Telstar diagram, hey if Ranger publishes theirs,
what have you got to hide?
And they are making $$$$