Old September 25th 06, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
Dave Heil Dave Heil is offline

Default Liar Lennie On the Loose

wrote:

http://greensickle.com/2006/05/stole...phony_v_1.html

Stolen Valor Part Four: Phony veteran catching kit
By Eric

2. Appearance matters. Impostors put on pretty lousy impersonations.
They're often out of shape or have a "slovenly appearance in uniform,"
Sandborn said. If they look like "50 pounds of pork shoved into a
10-pound sack," Sandborn said, they're probably an impostor.

I don't know what it is like where you live, Brian. Disproving the
above would be easy hearabouts. All one needs do is observe the
American Legion Color Guard on a holiday, a high school football game or
at a funeral.

I cannot fit into any uniform that I wore over thirty-four years ago.
My dad couldn't fit into any of his WWII Navy uniforms. Apparently,
appearance doesn't matter much at all.

As an aside, I encourage you to contact the "Stolen Valor" guys and for
Len to drop by the recruiting office in regard to Steve's service. If
it turns out that you've falsely accused him, I'll expect to see
numerous mea culpas for weeks and weeks afterward, since you two would
look like prize boobs.

Dave K8MN