Old September 25th 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default ARRL "Homebrew Challenge"

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:56:18 +0100, Highland Ham wrote:
About the only thing I find lacking is Macromedia Flash support for Linux,
though there is a GNU project to provide it (gnash).

Flash working fine here on Mepis 3.4-3.

Even runs my LinkSys WPC54G wireless card when other distros wouldn't.

===================================
Question : Do you run 'Simply Mepis' from a live CD or have you
installed that distro on your HD ?

'Simply Mepis' upgrades come hard and fast ; last month the Linux Format
magazine's DVD carried version 6.0

They shouldn't be coming "hard and fast" from here on out. Mepis is now
Debian-based and will follow that distro's roll-out schedule(s). There
can be/will be security updates -- which I believe is A Real Good Thing.
The updates are done with ease.

But new, full releases will appear less often. 'Tis said, as well, that
Mepis release's will each now come with "Long Term Support". Dunno what
that means in actuality, but I've gotten damn tired of Mandrake
deprecating my installations each time I finally get them fully fleshed
out, fine tuned, and stable. Then it is upheaval all over again.

I will be moving off the Mandrake ("Mandriva" - yeech!) distro (MDK 10.2
on my primary box), and I have recently installed Mepis 6.0 on my
'down-level' box (was MDK 9.1). Mepis 6.0 installed as slick as you'd
ever want an install to go.

Recommended.

Jonesy -- Mikro$oft free since 1991
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http//jonz.net/ng.htm