Old September 25th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] hot-ham-and-cheese@hotmail.com is offline

Default "Guts"

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:

Public transportation is NEVER sulf-sustaining, ALWAY subsidized.

Interesting. I've NEVER heard of a subsidized taxi company. Is
Greyhound subsidized too? Did you figure this out all by your "sulf"?

It depends on what is considered "public" transportation.

Taxi companies and Greyhound are private enterprises, AFAIK. While they
do not receive direct money from the government, their business is
supported/facilitated by the government's use of tax money to build and
maintain roads, bridges, tunnels, etc.

So your car and my car are public transportation?

Are they part of a taxi company?

Are they part of a bus line?

I don't think so.

My car uses roads, bridges and tunnels. Yours may be off-road only,
eating up the sidewalks on your way to work.

You'll say and do anything to back up Dave.

Nope.

How do *you* define "public transportation"?

Does it mean transportation services that are available to the general
public?

Or does it mean transportation services that are owned by the general
public?

Private transportation companies that use roads, bridges, and tunnels
are private companies that use roads, bridges, and tunnels.

Public transportation companies that use roads, bridges, and tunnels
are public companies that use roads, bridges, and tunnels.