Old October 17th 03, 12:46 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message

Tarmo's simulation results seem to conflict with Richard's
interpretation of Chipman. Lately you've been leaning toward Richard's
point of view. How does the story end? ;-)

73, Jim AC6XG

Jim,
It probably can't be proven, unless somebody comes up with an alternative
definition for SWR. If you look at my simulator equations of a few listings
back, I proved that what my model (and the Bird wattmeter) call SWR is
RL/Z0. So, unless I screwed up, running any number of simulations is not
going to disprove that.

If you look at textbook examples where they transmit pulses, The source
impedance determines what V+ is, and whether there is a second reflection
from the source, but NOT what the reflection at the load end is. Lets delve
on this for a second. It seems fair to say that if the source impedance
determines V+, clearly it has an effect on V-. But, that does not mean it
has anything to do with rho.

Tam/WB2TT