Old September 26th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
PhattyMo PhattyMo is offline

Default Low-RF Computer?

DesignGuy wrote:
I'm looking to replace the computer at my listening post, and would like to
find out if any certain brand of computer is known to have a low RF output.
I get a lot of noise on the SW bands from my existing PC (Micron) and leave
it off most of the time, which defeats the purpose.

What I'd like to do is replace with a low RF and acoustically quiet model,
and then get a flat-panel LCD screen and wireless keyboard and mouse. Any
problems with RF noise from wireless devices such as those?

Comments, experiences, etc. all welcomed.

Avoid the wireless KB and mouse..
My last set splattered "digital" pulse noise all over the place. Ugh!
I could clearly hear the mouse splatter in the 10/11M bands everytime I
moved the mouse.