Old October 17th 03, 03:50 AM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:00:39 GMT, Dave Shrader
wrote:

Look at that BPL antenna in the foreground!!!!

That's nearly half a mile away and probably not the type of lines
they'd be using. I think they need their feed points closer together
than those towers.

So far I get very little noise from that line, but the one feeding the
neighborhood comes in from the south through a mile of woods. It has
some very noise spots, but of the intermittent variety.

Roger Halstead wrote:

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:20:31 GMT, "Jim Hampton"
wrote:

Brian,

I don't know about you, but I received a whole week pass from Belleveu

I'm not sure about the crazy part, but...
For those who have a "good" broadband connection here is a panoramic
view from the top of my tower. If you don't have broad band, don't
waste your time. This thing is 19.5 megs. It should take under a
minute with cable, and close to 10 minutes with ADSL, so you can
imagine how long it'd take with a dial up connection.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/towerview.htm
I stood on the triangular top plate of the ROHN 45 G (at 100 feet) and
shot the entire series hand held. The camera was set to manual, but

BTW, I was thoroughly belted to the mast coming out the top of the
tower. Where I was standing the mast is really two concentric steel
tubes. One is 1 1/2 while the other is 2 inch. Both have 1/4 inch
wall. There are two 21 foot lengths of 1 1/2 welded together and then
a single two inch, 21 feet long over the middle.

I put all that up by hand and welded the two center masts together
inside the tower.

the wind was gusting to 20 MPH plus, so a few of them didn't line up
good enough for a proper match when making the panorama.

20 MPH gusts make all that steel shift around while the tower hardly
quivers. When the wind gets up around 60 to 70 MPH the top of the
mast with the pair of 12L 2 meter antennas and a pari of 11L 440s
looks like a Bluegill fly rod that just hooked into a Largemouth Bass.
It's amazing those two arrays have held together this long.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)