Old December 12th 03, 05:14 PM
Dave Platt

Excellent question. WHY ARE "YOU" SHOUTING, N2ION?

Respect for tradition, I imagine.

He's asking for boat anchors and old stuff like that. You know,
VIKING and JOHNSON and SWAN and other wonderful old tech. These were
all built with upper-case glyphs (take a look at the original
schematics) because that's all they had available at the time.

Lower case letters were developed later (around the same time as the
first point-contact transistor, I think). They only became affordable
enough to use in schematics, manuals, and product brochures sometime
in the mid-1960s, after a rich deposit of lowercasium ore was
discovered in a province of southern godforsaken. The United States
secretly engineered a coup and installed a U.S.-friendly dictator who
ensured us access to this precious natural resource, and the rest is
history.

grin

--
Dave Platt AE6EO