Old September 27th 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Thought this was puzzling...

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 05:10:56 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote in
:

On 27 Sep 2006 04:42:20 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
. com:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
The diode method works, it's just not idiot-proof so it's no good for
a production CB amp.

Well, I claim it doesn't work... unless you want to tell me how you can
parallel two diodes together...

Guess what, Brian? I took a closer look at the pic and it turns out
the diodes are IN SERIES! Doesn't matter tho, because as I was
browsing the other photos it appears that the amp has a seperate bias
regulator circuit that was added and is controlled by the Vf of the
two diodes in series, which is an even better method.