Old September 27th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Telstar Electronics Telstar Electronics is offline

Default Thought this was puzzling...

Frank Gilliland wrote:
Vcc

|R|
|R|
|R|

______|_______
| a |
_|_ _|_
\ / D1 \ / D2
_V_ _V_
| |
| |
__|__ __|__
___ ___
_ _

1. Measure voltage at point (a) with respect to ground.

2. Heat D1 with a soldering iron. Watch voltage drop.

3. Let D1 cool. Watch voltage go back up.

4. Heat D2 with a soldering iron. Watch voltage drop.

5. Let D2 cool. Watch voltage go back up.

Thus endeth electronics lesson for today.

Ok, that's just what I thought you'd draw. I claim this is useless and
won't work right. If you hook point "A" up to the base an RF device...
it'll do exactly what I described before. Either the base-emitter diode
will be on... or the other diode will be on. If the plain diode is
on... you have no current in the base of the transistor. It will be cut
off... and you have no bias at all. If the base-emitter diode is on...
you'll have some bias... but the tracking diode is off and can't do
anything. How in the world will that track anything, in either case.
Answer: It won't.

www.telstar-electronics.com