Old September 28th 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default 'Tokyo Rose' Obituary

Steve wrote:
Interesting. You'd think they could compare audio recordings of Tokyo
Rose with recordings of Iva Toguri D'Aquino, analyze the results and
say with a fair amount of certainty whether the voices match or not. At
any rate, I thought they could do this, but maybe it's not so
straightforward.

Steve

There were roughly a dozen females doing broadcasting for Japan's
propaganda radio services. D'Aquino was the only American, however. When
the FBI couldn't get any evidence of treason against her, they coached
two liars for a few weeks to gain a conviction. Even POWs who met her in
Japan had nothing incriminating to say about her, hence the false
witnesses by the US Government.

mike

--
No, Mr. Chavez---Bush isn’t the devil. I’ve seen the devil’s work. He’s
competent.

Shakespeare's Sister
September 20, 2006