Old September 28th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] hjsjms@cs.com is offline

Default This is rec.radio.shortwave

weatherall wrote:
Wrote:
- Tested any new radios lately?

Heard signals from far away places?

Thinking about cutting a new antenna?

Hearing a Pirate broadcast?

Doing any DX'ing ??

Yep! See my weblog where I just posted some reception reports:

http://tinyurl.com/da2es

Someone that lives near me was picking up Deutsche Welle's english to
asia broadcast, which I can hear as well. Unfortunately it's not at a
very convenient time of day for me. There's also a log of the
"Christian Media Network" on WBCQ, a music-only broadcast on Radio
Thailand, and some drivel from North Korea.

I'm looking forward to the release of the Kaito 1108 and the Redsun
RP3000.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to that new Redsun too. If it equals the
performance of its predecessor, there will be a lot of guys lined up.

Not a whole lot of dxing these days. But I did tune in an old favorite
I hadn't caught for quite a while: Heard Radio Australia on 9580 while
getting ready for work.