Old September 29th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] LenAnderson@ieee.org is offline

Default CW not CB

From: Dave Heil on Thurs, Sep 28 2006 8:07 am

wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
wrote:

My wife and I had aged ham at Easter. Tasted like chicken.

I have a turkey ham sandwich in my hand at the moment.

Enjoy! :-)

Everyone else ought to remember the definition of ham: "Ham is
the butchered meat of swine."

There...now THAT's a troll! :-)

[...and Heil, 51 cards short in his Humor Deck, wrote: ]

It surely is. E-Look provides the following definitions:

1. [noun] meat cut from the thigh of a hog (usually smoked)
Synonyms: jambon, gammon

2. [noun] (Old Testament) son of Noah
Synonyms: Ham

3. [noun] a licensed amateur radio operator

In an amateur radio newsgroup, which definition might be used?

ALL of them. :-)

In THIS newsgroup though, at least two more definitions
would ALSO apply. [hint: look in your mirror for them]

No fair asking for assistance!

Not even the ARRL? Tsk, tsk, the ARRL already defined "ham"
for amateur radio operators. It was a PEJORATIVE term
applied by professional radiotelegraphers on amateurs. Look
it up on their website. :-)

Superfluous newsgroups trimmed.

What?!? You don't want to BROADCAST your vital, important,
items of YOUR "definitions" (cribbed from a web page instead
of being printed by real ink on real paper in a book) ? :-)

As always to you, ByteBrothers famous phrase invoked!