Old September 29th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Look at what Griffey thinks his amp will do...

On 29 Sep 2006 05:40:05 -0700, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote in
om:

U-Know-Who wrote:
516 watts PEP, huh? You are ignorant.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/SkyWave%202879AB.pdf

Actually it will do that... and more, if you will accept compression
distortion. I suggest you great electronics wizards go to
http://www.rf-amplifiers.com/index.php?topic=peak_power and read the
defibition of PEP. Or maybe you think the people at EMPower don't know
what they're talking about either... LOL

Yep, their 'defibition' is right on the money. Now I suggest -you- do
a little math with power dissipation and efficiency ratings. BTW, how
did you get your distortion figures?