Old September 29th 06, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Dale Parfitt Dale Parfitt is offline

Default NEED Beacon shows up on 505 KHz

"Doug Smith W9WI" wrote in message
Dale Parfitt wrote:
Anyone else hearing this beacon? "NEED". I've been listening to the newly
authorized hams on the 600M band and this beacon shows up.
I'm in western NC- 7' shielded/amplified loop + homebrew RX.

I wonder if this is actually the "inverse" of something else?

Plotting it out on a spreadsheet it looks like the inverse of "JI". Which
really doesn't make any more sense than "NEED"!

Hi Doug,
Interesting concept. On AM though, the 1000KHz tone clearly spells out NEED.
In there again last night after sunset.
I was hoping enough readers of this group would try to copy it that we could
find its location. If anyone hears it during the daytime, please report with
your 6 character grid square

Dale W4OP