Old September 29th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default VLF from the amp

Ceriel Nosforit wrote:

Hehe. Well yeah, I figured as much, but why doesn't it work? Too high
impendance? Why is that something the amp can't handle, if I maybe resist
the urge to crank it up to eleven?

I'm approaching the issue from the engineering perspective, but I don't
have much knowledge in this particular field. If you can enlighten me I'd
be much obliged.

Engineering is the application of physics. An "engineering perspective"
is one that starts from knowledge of the basic physical principles
involved, and uses mathematics along with that knowledge to produce a
design or solve a problem. I've seen no evidence of either in your
approach. Whatever you're doing, it's certainly not engineering.

The main problem with what you propose is that the electromagnetic field
you create with the amplifier will be small to begin with, and it will
be attenuated rapidly with distance for a number of physical reasons.
But don't take my word for it. Crank that dude up, and don't stop at 11.
Broadcast your telephone number and wait for the phone to ring.

Roy Lewallen, P.E., W7EL