Old September 30th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Alan Peake Alan Peake is offline

Default Rhombics

feeders. only problem you may have is comming up with the terminating
resistor.. Their kinda hard to find cheaply today.

Might not be a problem for 100W - I'm on solar power and don't want to
have to fire up the generator to power a linear

Remember that they are very good point to point radiators and rx
antennas if you calculate things right for your desired path .. they
also can provide multi lobes to favored directions if desired. and that
is somewhat dependent on your operating Frequency and the size of your
Rhombic.

I found a strange thing with NEC in terms of multiple lobes. At 20m, NEC
gave me a nice main lobe with the antenna at 15m but at 10m, there were
two lobes about 30 degrees apart. I played with the height to see how it
changed the lobe pattern but the results didn't make sense. The two
lobes remained until the antenna went to a certain height, then one
extra millimetre in height, and it went straight back to one main lobe.
Alan