Old September 30th 06, 09:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default CW Code Reader recommendation

Tom wrote:
I am interested in the MFJ 464 and was wondering what you all thought of
it. I've been wanting to get back into CW this winter and thought this
might help. Is there any other brand reader out there that is any good?
Thanks for your help.

There are loads of free softwares that will do that plus all the other
usual modes. No need to waste money on that, unless you have no
computer and sound card. Like the others say, most code readers
are not that great, and there is little difference from a standalone
box,
or just soundcard software. The brain is a much better reader.
I'd use it if you actually want to learn or improve CW skills.
If I were to use the puter, I'd rather work PSK or whatever.. It's
much more robust that using a puter for CW work.
MK