Old September 30th 06, 07:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Opus- Opus- is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of ham radio?

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 00:36:36 GMT, Slow Code spake
thusly:

Barry OGrady wrote in
:

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:54:46 -0500, Nada Tapu wrote:

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:23:03 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Or just lazy people out?

Sc

It certainly didn't keep me out, and I wasn't all that crazy about
learning it, either.

More to the point, are there more licensed amateurs since the code
requirement was removed years ago?

No, numbers are decreasing because ham radio has been dumbed down so
having a ham license isn't worth anything anymore and people are leaving.

No, it's dying because of attitudes like yours that scare people away.
Nobody wants to be like you.