Old October 17th 03, 11:23 AM
KC1DI

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 00:15:19 GMT, "T.E.O"
wrote:

I am going to put up a horizontal loop @ about 60' in hopes of having a
decent 160-10 antenna. Is there any adavntage to increasing the the total
length from 1 wavelength at the lowest freq. (about 530') to 2
wavelengths(1,060'). i have the space & the wire & I'm wondering if it's
worth the extra effort.

Also, am I better off with a 3/8 WL inverted L on 160.

As someone has already pointed out you will not see great results on
20-- through ten, unless the major lobes happen to land where you want
to talk most offten.. I've use a 160M (530') Loop here with very good
results for about 5 years now. But I would suggest puting up some
form of vertical also.. to help fill in those nulls in the pattern..
with my loop and a vertical i've been able to work just about
everything I want.. as for the 3/8 wav inverted L-- it is a good
antenna but you would like the loop better..
73 Dave Kc1di