Old September 30th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap
Spamfree Spamfree is offline

Default Is a contact with a no-code ham a real QSO?

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Cecil Moore wrote:

Dave wrote:

NO! I can't have a QSO with a no-code ham.
They can't copy CW!!! So, No QSO!

So you wouldn't respond to a Mayday and save a life?
Nice guy.

How does one say mayday on CW? My radio only works on the bottom 25 KHz
of the HF bands.

Hmmmmmm - my how we belabor a point. MAYDAY IN CW = SOS............ SOS is
usually sent in those cases. SOS for the CW and Mayday for radiotelephone.
MAYDAY is "also" asked about in some RadioTelephone license exams for
"marine" use and is even becoming part of the Fire service. There is a test
specifically for "Mayday" and its uses. Mayday is "generally" used in
"airplane" emergencies.