Old September 30th 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc
Peter Berrett Peter Berrett is offline

Default Packet Radio In Melbourne Question

Hi all

I am located in Boronia which is in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne
Australia.

After a very long absence from packet radio I have reassembled my packet
station and have been looking to try and connect to a local bbs.

Frequencies and stations appear to have changed substantially. When I was
last on I frequently connected to vk3rmu-2 near Healesville but I can't hear
this repeater any more.Vk3frs is listed as being on 144.775 but I have been
unable to connect using my 1200 baud setup.

I have however been able to connect to vk3my-4 in Bayswater. Also to
vk3rmd-1 on Mt Dandenong. The trouble is that these are not bbs's and I am
unable to digipeat via them.

Can someone suggest a path whereby I can access directly or indirectly a bbs
in Melbourne?

Please note I am not set up for tcpip.

Thanks Peter