Old September 30th 06, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
Bob Bob Bob Bob is offline

Default Questions for knowledgeable Hams

Hi Chris

Well there are a few. I use to use UKWtools for quite a while. It is
very simple and straight forward.

http://www.qslnet.de/member/g4klx/ - go to software and scroll down.

You will need at a minimum STRM3 data for your area. I modified the
Linux version of the s/w to use SRTM1. (SRTM = shuttle radar topography
mission - mapped the earths surface to get spot heights - data is freely
available) You will also need to know your lat/lon..

Radio Mobile Deluxe is a much nicer output/more professional tool. It
does take some major thinking to understand and get going. There is also
a Yahoo newsgroup at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Radio_Mobile_Deluxe

The download site for the pgm is;

http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html

Once again you will need topo data but the pgm can be configureed to
download what you need.

If you email me direct with your lat/lon or town etc I'll do a quick
output on (say) 2m if you like.

Cheers Bob

Papa Dog wrote:

I am not aware of this software. Outputs are impressive. Looks like
you can determine best antenna pattern. Any info you can give me on the
software would be appreciated. I am new to Ham and studying for my
license now. Will take test in 2 weeks.