Old September 30th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default CW Code Reader recommendation

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:54:33 GMT, Opus- wrote:

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:57:18 -0400, Al Klein
spake thusly:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:18:30 -0400, Dave wrote:

Nice strawman. The pixels form a full complete picture. Beeps are just
beeps.

And speech is just noise if you don't understand it.

Speech has infection.

Not if you keep your saliva to yourself.

You can say the same sentence 10 different ways
and it can have 10 different meanings depending on the emotion invoked
in the speech. You know....the HUMAN element.

ANY communication you don't understand, including CW, is like that.
You can't tell us what candy tastes like if you're standing on the
street looking through the window of the store.

One dimensional. That they form a recognizable pattern does not
make them more. Humans are highly visual creatures.

Which is why it was said, for many centuries, I suppose, that it's
speech that separates us from the animals. (We're a lot less visually
oriented than a lot of other species.)

See above.

You're simply wrong. Humans are aural creatures. Argue with me when
you get enough education in the subject that you're qualified to
discuss it.

I have listened to
code for years. Being able to make out a few letters does nothing for
me.

I have listened to Turkish for years. Being able to make out a few
words does nothing for me.

But there are a lot of Turks who feel otherwise.

Bet you can easily tell what kind of a mood the speaker is in just by
his tone.

I can tell that on the air too - in CW. I can't tell it here, so I
guess you'll be leaving Usenet.

I don't speak Ukrainian but I sure knew when my grandmother
was mad at me.

Not by her words, though, which is what you're claiming. So tell me,
what mood am I in at the moment? Evidently, since Usenet is a visual
medium, you can tell.

Or you just don't know what you're talking about.

Your insularity is showing.

Not insularity...humanity.

Which has nothing to do with communication, which every life form
participates in - even those who have no analog of vision.