Old September 30th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default This is rec.radio.shortwave

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article . com,
wrote:
Heard signals from far away places?

A signal report for some Insomnia radio. I've been picking up the BBC on
5020 kHz early in the morning here (Seattle). 5 AM/12:00 UTC. But it
wasn't showing up in any BBC frequency lists for the Pacific or Africa.
Then last night/early this morning, I tuned in and found that it was the
Solomon Islands Broadcasting Corp. They must switch over and relay the
Beeb after it gets too late in the evening there. Listenable if you go
for the lower sideband as the Cuban (R. Rebelde?) next door (5025 kHz)
is about the same strength. (S2 with thunderstorms).

I think they've been relaying BBC during their overnight time for a good number
of years. You might also try zero beating the freq., as generally reported they
are on 5019.9 or so.

dxAce
Michigan
USA