Old September 30th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wimpie Wimpie is offline

Default Inv V metal /fiberglass

I know from various documents written by amateurs that there is a lot
of antenna related expertise within the Amateur Ccommunity (from which
I believe many are professionals). Many times it is difficult to
figure out who is telling "the facts".

Regarding classes, I am sure there are, but mostly are very expensive.
In the Netherlands there are a few companies that offer courses on
antenna design. Sometimes they are cancelled because of lack of
attendees.

With respect to books, many books tell you how to build an antenna from
a drawing (and not the theory behind it), other books tell you the
theory behind it, but require differential vector calculus.

It took me many years to understand antennas at the same level as my
electronic design activities.

Given all this, ĦI still like experimenting with antennas! I just
finished a design for the coming "Jamboree on the Air" to be held
during the weekend of 22 October (Scouting activity).

Best Regards,

Wim
PA3DJS