Old October 1st 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Is the code requirement really keeping good people out of hamradio?

wrote:
What IS outmoded (technically) is sitting only on HF
and "working" other stations with morse radiotelegraphy.
Amateur radio is the ONLY radio service still using
morse radiotelegraphy for communications purposes.

Actually Len, almost all amateur radio operation has
been outmoded by advancing technology which has made
amateur radio first to be redundant and later to be
obsolete. I'm still using the same modes for amateur
radio that I used more than half a century ago.

My daughter lives in New York state. 50 years ago,
I would have tried to talk her into getting a ham
license. Today, Sprint cellphones allow the two of
us to communicate any time, day or night, for free.
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com